Why MBX Biosciences?
MBX is a dynamic biopharmaceutical company led by an experienced team of company builders and drug developers, backed by some of the industry’s most respected investors.
Our team is driven to transform the current treatment landscape with breakthrough medicines, simplify management of endocrine diseases, and enable greater access for patients. We are combining our deep expertise in peptide discovery and development with our novel, proprietary platform technology to build a pipeline of the most high-impact medicines.
Our core values are transparency, integrity, teamwork and innovation. It is a testament to our culture that many of our team members have collaborated successfully over multiple decades. We emphasize development of skills through a supportive, cross-functional and entrepreneurial organization.
Headquartered in the Indianapolis metropolitan area, MBX offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. We offer flexible work arrangements and want our team members to have work-life balance. We recognize the hard work and contributions of our team members both individually and collectively.
Please note we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters and will not pay a fee for any unsolicited resume.
Chief Financial Officer
Slone Partners seeks a Chief Financial Officer for a highly innovative and rapidly growing pre-IPO biopharmaceutical company pioneering first-in-class therapies to treat both rare & prevalent endocrine diseases. Through passion and teamwork, our client will discover, develop, and commercialize therapies where there is inadequate treatment available. The company has assembled a distinguished Board, Executive Leadership Team, and Investors group and is looking to build out finance operations in preparation for growth and to access the public markets. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will play an integral role in IPO-preparedness, subsequent capital raises, finance operations and infrastructure (people, processes, and systems), and operate as a strategic partner to Executive Leadership Team and Board.
Required skillsets: 15+ years of progressive operational, financial leadership (preferably in life sciences/biotech environment); IPO/S-1, investor-facing/capital raise; prior/current sitting CFO or equivalent
Special features of this position: This is an opportunity to join a well-funded and well-positioned company on the path to commercial and therapeutic success with a transformative impact to patients.
Interested and qualified candidates should reach out directly to Alicia Montgomery, Vice President Executive Search at Slone Partners. Aliciam@slonepartners.com
MBX is seeking an exceptional Consulting Project Manager to join our team. Reporting to the CMO, this is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a small, rapidly evolving company. The Project Manager will work with MBX’s team to support the development and lifecycle management of the Company’s lead therapeutic product with expansion to other development candidates. The position will provide project management, planning, and resource forecasting to support clinical development activities. The position will drive the execution of program plans, facilitate project team meetings, manage project timelines, and serve as a key interface of a number of cross-functional areas including research, manufacturing, clinical, accounting, and regulatory. As such, prior team leadership/project management experience with endocrine and/or rare disease product development from pre-clinical to late-stage development is essential.
· Provide leadership, direction, and coordination across functional areas to drive integrated delivery of product development programs
· Actively and effectively manage the delivery of program goals and cross-functional timelines in accordance with the program strategy (i.e., management of integration, scope, timeline, cost, quality, resources, communications, and risks)
· Create and monitor project plans and timelines, and update work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
· Partner with the team to proactively identify and highlight risks and issues within the project; work with the team to devise and implement effective risk mitigation strategies
· Apply project management best practices in the planning, alignment, initiation, execution, control and closing of projects
· Facilitate and manage effective team meetings, ensure progress of projects and timely deliverables
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, credible and clear fashion
· Partner with functional area leaders on resource planning and budgetary requirements for timely completion of projects
· Bachelor’s degree; project management professional (PMP) certification preferred
· Experience in endocrine and/or rare disease drug development experience preferred
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry with at least 5 years in a leadership role, with direct responsibility for managing global projects
· Prior experience with NDA/MAA submissions, preferred
· Familiar with drug development regulations and GCP
· Project management and analytical skills, including strong organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated understanding of drug development process including key disciplines involved in drug development (including but not limited to CMC, toxicology, clinical trials, drug-device combinations, regulatory filing activities).
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality, on time and within budget.
· Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with bias toward action.
· Strong knowledge of regulations, guidelines, and company/regulatory needs concerning project conduct.
· Proficiency in use of project management tools and techniques (e.g., MS Project, MS, Excel, MS PowerPoint).
· This position can be based in our Indiana office or be remote. If remote, will require occasional business travel to MBX offices and to external contractors.
The position is currently envisaged to be half-time with the expectation that it will grow to full time in the next twelve months.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to MBX’s Human Resource Department at HR@mbxbio.com.
MBX Biosciences, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. MBX is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.